birding-aus

Lee Point break-ins

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Lee Point break-ins
From: Syd Curtis <>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 18:14:09 +1000
It can happen anywhere.  Needs only seconds with no-one around, for a
criminal expert.

Happened to me 40 plus years ago on Tamborine Mountain - a peaceful,
law-abiding community just in from the Gold Coast in Queensland.  I was
relatively lucky - nothing of value in the car to be stolen, so only a
broken window lock to be replaced.

The police can't be present in all places all of the time.  What they can
do, and maybe this hasn't been done around Darwin, is to have signs erected
at appropriate sites warning visitors of the danger, and advising that no
valuables should be left in an unattended car.  (Such a sign has been in
place for a decade or two where my car suffered way back.)

Syd