birding-aus

St Helens Pelagic 24 July 2008.

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: St Helens Pelagic 24 July 2008.
From: Ian May <>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 21:28:25 +1030
Hi all

Just a reminder re St Helens pelagics schedule for 2008, we have one space left on July 24. The remaining dates are completely booked. Having replicated similar successful periods of previous years we will be hoping to see species such as http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/birding-aus/2006-07/msg00519.html

Trips are non profit and cost of a single day trip is $130.00. Depart St Helens wharf at 06.30 hrs Using a large 60 ' ocean going charter boat with an experienced crew "Nifty II" is a vessel that provides excellent ride characteristics and allows good visibility for all on board. We head off shore to pelagic birding "hot spots" to points where local fisherman have reported recent concentrations of pelagic birds and to the nutrient and food rich rich upwelling currents areas over sea mounts in the Tasman Sea beyond the Continental shelf. We return to St Helens at about 1500.hrs

. Regards

Ian May
St Helens Marine Services