birding-aus

Forshaw & Cooper - Australian Parrots Vol 1 & 2

Subject: Forshaw & Cooper - Australian Parrots Vol 1 & 2
From: Andy Burton <>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:36:38 +1100

A friend of mine has a boxed set of the following. I have seen the books and to my untrained eye they appear to be in perfect condition. He is looking for offers.

AUSTRALIAN PARROTS (VOLS. 1&2) by JOSEPH M. FORSHAW and WILLIAM T. COOPER. A collectors issue of the Second Revised Edition. Published by LANDMOWNE PRESS. AUSTRALIA. Two copies, Nos..620 & 621 of a limited edition print run of 1000 copies. The volumes include details of over fifty Australian parrots with numerous beautiful coloured photographs and paintings. Information on parrots includes the Diagnostic Features, Systematics, Origins, Distribution, Natural Environment. Conservation and Parrots in Captivity. The Plan of the volumes enable them to be used as a reference work and information located quickly. Also noted are other names. descriptions, sub?species, general notes, habitats, status, habits and movements. Measurements are Vol. 1, 520 x 365 x 35 mm., Vol. 2, 520 x 365 x 25 mm.

For those of you who are interested in these beautiful books I will put you in contact with him.
Regards, Andy Burton

p.s.  Russell has agreed to this offer being on birding-aus.