birding-aus

Rainbow Lorikeet numbers in SE Queensland

To: Robert Inglis <>
Subject: Rainbow Lorikeet numbers in SE Queensland
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:31:54 +1100
I last saw one about a minute ago from my office window! (surfers
paradise)..and if i dont see any
other birds on a site visit, i will always see at least one, or a few flying
over the site. They seem to
be one of the few birds that are not istantly attacked by noisy miners in the
urban environment on
the Gold Coast. The only other birs that seems to avoid NM attention is the
blue-faced honey eater.

Simon Muirhead