birding-aus

motion sickness - want to be prepared for Easter

To: "Evan Beaver" <>, "Tony Russell" <>
Subject: motion sickness - want to be prepared for Easter
From: "Gemfyre" <>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 07:25:12 +0900
Admittedly I have only been on 3 pelagics, but I pride myself in my complete lack of motion sickness.

However, off Albany one day (my third trip) I was watching the waves and was shocked to feel a wave of nausea overcome me. After some deep breathing and wandering up to the steering room to get some Quells (which the skipper reckoned I shouldn't take), I heard the cry of "Wandering Albatross". Amazing how quick the nausea left me as I rushed out to catch a glimpse of the bird. Never took the quells, but scarfed down my lunch after seeing the albatross and felt fine the rest of the day.

Tip - don't watch the waves.

Belinda
Doubleview, W.A.