birding-aus

motion sickness - want to be prepared for Easter

Subject: motion sickness - want to be prepared for Easter
From: Cheryl Ridge <>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:34:07 -0700 (PDT)
Hi folks

Our Easter will involve a flight, some ferry
crossings, a possible half day boat trip and a longer
boat trip (off to Tassie, a first for us).

I know sometimes people mention 'crystallized ginger'.
Problem is ginger tends to set off my gag reflex, its
possibly 'in my head' due to some rough boat trips as
a kid and using that to try counteract the
seasickness! And just seeing someone else throw up
sets me off.

Does Ginger Beer actually help? I have not tried that.

What other options are available that people recommend
based on experience? I have been having a look at the
archives. I thought there was a fairly recent topic on
seasickness/pelagics but I can't find it. I am not
opposed to taking a pill, I just arent familiar with
them.

Thanks in advance.

Cheryl