birding-aus

Barrington Tops National Park

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Barrington Tops National Park
From: Charles Hunter <>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:41:59 +1100 (EST)
Hi all,

  My father and I visited Barrington Tops National Park on 23rd and 24th
February.

  As the Gloucester Tops Road was closed (and will continue to be for the next
couple of months) we walked up to Kerripit Road via Gloucester Tops Road (not
an easy walk). No sign of Rufous Scrub-bird.

  Birds seen along Gloucester Tops Road included female and juvenile Paradise
Riflebird, Brown Thornbill, Wonga Pigeon, Yellow-tailed Black-Cockatoo,
Red-browed Treecreeper, White-headed Pigeon, Brown Cuckoo-Dove, Black-faced
Monarch, Red-browed Finch, Eastern Whipbird, Bell Miner, Superb Lyrebird
(several), Bassian Thrush, Golden Whistler, Spotted Pardalote, Eastern Yellow
Robin, Pale-yellow Robin, Australian King-Parrot, Eastern Rosella, Crimson
Rosella, Satin Bowerbird.

  On the 24th we drove to the Honeysuckle day use area on the Barrington Tops
Forest Road. We completed the circuit walk through the Antarctic beech forest
with no sign of RSB.

  Cheers,
  Charles Hunter

  Paddington, Sydney