birding-aus

Australian itinerary birdwatching guides

To: Birding Aus <>, Carol Probets <>
Subject: Australian itinerary birdwatching guides
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 00:48:30 +0930
I¹m travelling around the US next year on a speaking tour.  When I am
addressing Audubon and Sierra Club members I expect to be asked about
all-Australia itineraries.

I assume these people will be like most of my clients - older,
well-educated, well-travelled couples and single women.  While birds are
their major interest I expect they will not be obsessed with seeing new
birds.  Most, in my experience, are also interested in other fauna, flora,
conservation, and Indigenous people as well.  Many have extensive scientific
backgrounds and appreciate guides who can do more than just id various
species.

Such people are often game,  and will put up with discomfort such as heat,
humidity and flies.  However they will want guides who are sensitive,
patient and easy to get along with.   So, if anyone out there is interested
please contact me.

Denise Lawungkurr Goodfellow
1/7 Songlark Street
BAKEWELL NT 0832
Ph. 61 08 89 328306
Birdwatching and Indigenous tourism consultant

http://web.mac.com/goodfellowdl
> http://www.earthfoot.org
   http://www.ausbird.com

Entrant in Women Entrepreneurs:
18 Inspiring Stories of Small Business Success.
A publication by the Australian Government¹s Office
for Women and Small Business.