birding-aus

Vagrant Gull

To: "Tony Palliser" <>
Subject: Vagrant Gull
From: L&L Knight <>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 17:46:31 +1000
Thanks Tony.  Nice BARC quality pix.

Where's the picture of the bird eating chips from your hand?  ;)

On 18/02/2008, at 5:34 PM, Tony Palliser wrote:

Jon,
Thanks indeed for going to such lengths and providing us all with such a valuable ID analysis. Looking at photographs of Mongolian Gull (as you
suggest) I have to agree that this species appears to be a very good
contender.

For those wishing to head up that way I suggest that it may be possible
to fly in from Cairns. Although I managed to drive there yesterday the
rain was very heavy and the road just north of Mt Carbine was already
flooded upon my return. Man it sure knows how to rain up there, I have
never seen anything like it - quite an experience.

I have placed a couple more photographs on the link below for those that
may be interested:

http://upload.pbase.com/edit_gallery/tony_palliser/mongolian_gull

Best regards
Tony