birding-aus

Bush stone curlew in Five Dock

To: "birdingaus" <>
Subject: Bush stone curlew in Five Dock
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 23:56:28 +1100 (EST)
Hello,

Tragic story, hardly atypical.  As anyone with half an eye can attest,
this happens every ten minutes and more across the continent (and much
further afield of course).  Sadly most twitchers are not there to witness
such events.

Council environment officers being in a position to actually police the
actions of dog owners is probably a fantasy that belongs deep in the past,
if there ever was a time when such an idea was a possibility.

Dogs and their owners OWN the continent effectively: in the Hunter region,
for example, they occupy every single space, from bushland to parkland,
beaches to national parks and of course their own little ?private?
off-leash areas.  Nothing is "policed" and probably never was: yet we have
people like Adrian Franklin and many more academics asserting that the
"eco-nationalists" are waging a war that might best be described as
"species-cleansing" based on their ecologicaly fascistic fantasies.

Funny old world.

cheers

Craig
Hunter region