birding-aus

What is a Feral?

To: Gregory Little <>
Subject: What is a Feral?
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:32:55 +1100
Greg,

I was nearly going to  put a rider on my post saying that this post
has nothing to do with Canada Geese. I by no means meant that the
Canada Geese geese on the NSW south coast should be spared. I really
do not why AQIS ever allowed the importation of the domestic stock
currently held by wildfowl collectors ( not to mention the other
potential pest species in collections) If any one does catch them I
recommend Walnut and Tarragon stuffing, with spiced red cabbage and
sauté potatoes, as they go very well with Roast Goose.
As for Black Swans in Canada, I think that they are already there.
Interestingly enough, they will hybridise with Canada Geese, another
reason to keep them on a short leash.

Cheers,

Carl Clifford