birding-aus

My last word on "I and the Bird"

To: Dave Torr <>
Subject: My last word on "I and the Bird"
From: Trevor Hampel <>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 16:44:45 +1030

Dave Torr wrote:

I have never looked at I and the Bird but did not find the occasional post
about to be annoying (apart from the somewhat strange English used in the
title!) -

Hi there David and other on Birding-Aus,

For all those people who have not taken the time or were not interested
to try out the delights of the "I and the bird" blog carnival, the
header of the home page has this little poetic observation of a bird -
and the origin of the "strange English used in the title".

“A tiny wren was among the Chrysanthemums this morning,
noiselessly flitting in and out, like a little shade;
evidently in a state of the highest enjoyment.
No doubt I and the bird both took our pleasure with them—in different ways!”
– Eleanor Vere Boyle

--
Trevor Hampel
Murray Bridge

Check out my BLOGS (web logs):

Trevor's Birding - observations and photos of birds at
http://www.trevorsbirding.com

Trevor's Travels - travels in Australia, Thailand and Nepal at
http://www.trevorstravels.com

Trevor's Writing - read some of my writing at http://www.trevorhampel.com