birding-aus

St Helens Tasmania Pelagic 29th December

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: St Helens Tasmania Pelagic 29th December
From: Ian May <>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:07:02 +1100
Hello all

Just a reminder, there are still several vacancies on 29th December, pelagic from St Helens. We will be visiting Tasman sea continental shelf canyons and some sea mounts beyond the continental shelf where concentrations of plankton and other food raised by upwelling currents usually attract large number of pelagic birds. This is the first summer trip we have organized, so anticipating it could turn up some interesting birds. Recent reports from commercial fisherman indicate there are larger than usual concentrations of birds and fish at several "hot spots" off NE Tasmania at present.

Cost of trip is $100 each, shark liver burley has already been organized and we depart St Helens wharf at 06.30am returning about 15 00 hrs. If you are interested give me a ring on (03)63121123 and i will book you in.

regards

Ian May
PO Box 110
St Helens  Tas.7216
Mob: 0428337956

Please note also we have scheduled a series of 3 day pelagics late autumn and winter from St Helens. At present there are vacancies on all days.

May  2008     Thursday 15th, Friday 16th, Saturday 17th
June 2008     Thursday 19th, Friday 20th, Saturday 21st
July 2008     Thursday 24th, Friday 25th, Saturday 26th.