birding-aus

Ruff et al. - Werribee

To: Birding-aus <>, Claire Bartron <>
Subject: Ruff et al. - Werribee
From: Mr Peter Kyne <>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 23:49:26 +1100
Just a quick message. Chris Sanderson and I visited the Western
Treatment Plant in Werribee this afternoon where we ran into Maarten
Hulzebosch who pointed us towards the RUFF and a PECTORAL SANDPIPER in
the small shallow pond between the east and west Conservation Ponds.
Excellent close views were had of both birds. Soon after Chris located a
WOOD SANDPIPER towards the eastern end of the East Conservation Pond.

Also of note was a White-bellied Sea-eagle at Paradise Road Lagoon.

Many thanks to Maarten, and to Carl Billingham and George Appleby for
providing us with the latest information whilst on the road.

Cheers, Pete Kyne and Chris Sanderson