birding-aus

Bird hides and boardwalks

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Bird hides and boardwalks
From: "Tim Connell" <>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 08:52:39 +1000
Hi,

I am trying to track down pictures of the good, the bad, the ugly (and
the functional!) for bird hides and wetland boardwalks around Aus.

I am in the process of commissioning a detailed design for wetland areas
and lookouts at a Golf course in Melbourne's northern suburbs as part of
a future walking trail that will skirt some fairly good wetlands
woodland and an old farm dam within the designated conservation areas of
the site golf course site.

I am aware that BOCA has a publication, however I was wondering if
anyone had any good images or recommendations on what does and doesn't
work, or examples of excellent bird hide design that they could forward
- would be much appreciated - feel free to contact me directly if you
have any pics you want to share.

Thanks,

Tim Connell
City of Whittlesea
Environmental Works Officer
Parks & Gardens Department
Locked Bag 1
Bundoora MDC 3080
Tel: 9401 0524
Fax: 9401 0521
Mobile: 0408 599 485
TTY: (03) 9217- 2420
Email:
Web Address: http://www.whittlesea.vic.gov.au/
Street Address: Works Depot, 68 - 96 Houston Street, Epping 3076 (Melway
182 A10)
Postal Address: Locked Bag 1, Bundoora MDC, 3083

Any personal or sensitive information contained in this e-mail and attachments
must be handled in accordance with the Victorian Information Privacy Act 2000,
the Health Records Act 2001 or the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth), as
applicable.

This e-mail, including all attachments, is confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose, distribute, copy or use the
information contained in this e-mail or attachments. Any confidentiality or
privilege is not waived or lost because this e-mail has been sent to you in
error.
If you have received it in error, please let us know by reply e-mail, delete it
from your system and destroy any copies.