birding-aus

Re: rfi Tern breeding colonies nthn NSW

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Re: rfi Tern breeding colonies nthn NSW
From: Jill Dening <>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 09:48:45 +1000
Further to below, I have discovered that there is Little Tern breeding
at Coffs Harbour, and that there is a public gathering about it in
Woolgoolga this morning at 10.30. If anyone lives in the area and goes
to this, would you mind giving me some feedback, or perhaps giving me a
contact in the area to find out about it?

Here's the link:
http://www.coffsharbour.nsw.gov.au/www/html/2844-16-oct-2007---little-tern-recovery-programme-information-session.asp

Thanks,

Jill

Jill Dening wrote:
Dear All,

I'm not familiar with the coast of northern NSW, though I live on the
Sunshine Coast not far away. We avoid the Pacific Highway when
travelling, so this brings me to a point of ignorance when it comes to
finding tern breeding colonies - if any - between Nambucca Heads and
the Tweed. I was disappointed to find that Harrington is a long way
south of Nambucca.

We will be dribbling up the coast towards the Sunshine Coast in a
couple of weeks, and I'm keen to observe any tern breeding sites along
the way. I intend to call in to Fingal Head (Tweed rivermouth), but is
there anything in between?

Thanks in advance,

Jill

--