birding-aus

Sea sickness

Subject: Sea sickness
From: David Stowe <>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 13:45:39 +1000
I have just come back from a trip to New Zealand (trip report coming
soon!) and have now found what seems to be the perfect solution for
me personally.
I am pretty sure it is thanks to Rohan Clarke who suggested
Dramamine, Coke and chips. (Coke helps offset the drowsiness from
Dramamine plus burping helps; chips are good for salt intake and
something light to keep munching on)
After a pelagic from Kaikoura, boat trip through Marlborough Sounds
(mostly pretty calm until White Rocks King Shag colony), a fishing/
pelagic trip from Stewart Island, and the ferry across the Fouveaux
Strait from Stewart Island (particularly rough), I used this
technique each time and wasn't sick at all!!
YAY!!
I might even now contemplate another pelagic from Sydney or even
Wollongong with my new found confidence!

Like i said this works for me and I'm not trying at all to rub it in
to those who haven't found a solution, but thanks to those that
helped me out.

Cheers
Dave

PS - managed to see 8 taxa of Albatross while over there including
Buller's, Salvins, both Royals