birding-aus

Re: Fw: Fw: [Birding-Aus] Re: Rufous Owl Photos

To: <>
Subject: Re: Fw: Fw: [Birding-Aus] Re: Rufous Owl Photos
From: <>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 22:13:48 +0800 (WST)
Hi All,

I have found out more about the Rufous Owl, which I found out after I
posted the first email. The RO is from Margaret River, and apparently they
are keen to recapture it. It was brought in from Queensland with a mate
for breeding purposes, but he escaped two years ago, she did not. She has
since passed away. When they were notified this time about the sighting,
they did send someone around to recapture it, but just before the guy got
there, he flew away amid the cheering and clapping of the locals, who
obviously don't want it to be caught.

Amy

Dear all,