birding-aus

Nikon Monarch Binos [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Subject: Nikon Monarch Binos [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:27:04 +1000

Hello all,

I have had my new Nikon 10x42 Monarch ATB Binoculars now for 2 weeks. It
was a toss up between the 10x and 8x but I decided upon the 10s as there
was no weight difference between the two. They are of course waterproof,
fogproof and shockproof in addition to weighing some 600 grams.

I bought them over the net from a store in NY. The exchange rate was great
and all up including freight it cost me less than AU$400. They arrived via
courier in a very short time (<5 working days). I did have to scan and
email a copy of my credit card to the store when purchasing them but apart
from that it was all fine.

The optics are amazing. But then I have only ever owned mostly Nikon
(Action 7x35, 10x50 etc) binos so can't compare them to the more expensive
brands. This model still has a lifetime no fault warranty in addition to a
limited 25 year warranty.

The end lens caps are now attached to the binos which is useful, but if
they annoy you you can take them off completely or re-attach them. This
model still has the turning eye thingies for people with glasses for eye
relief which some owners of this model have complained about in the past. I
hope mine don't break or come undone in the future or maybe they have fixed
the problem.

All up I am very pleased with them.

Cheers

Marnix Zwankhuizen
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Java Enterprise Technology
IT Branch
Australian Electoral Commission

Ph:   02 6271 4465
Fax: 02 6271 4644
Email:

DISCLAIMER:
If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately on
(02) 6271 4777 or by return email and delete all copies.  If this email or any
attachments have been sent to you in error, that error does not constitute
waiver of any confidentiality, privilege or copyright in respect of information
in the email or attachments.