birding-aus

National Parks in Victoria (Aust.)

To: <>, <>
Subject: National Parks in Victoria (Aust.)
From: "John Harris" <>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:46:13 +1000
Martin
I would be good if fauna lists could be available for each park from
parkweb, similar to the Mallee Parks birdlist that is available.  It is
very time consuming to get these lists through biodiversity info and
available lists may encourage people to submit their sightings,
especially if birds are listed as uncommon on the lists.

Yours in all things "green"

Regards

John Harris
Secretary, Victorian Association for Environmental Education (VAEE)
Environmental Education Officer
Donvale Christian College
155 Tindals Rd Donvale 3111
0409 090 955

>>> <> 08/14/07 9:20 am >>>
Hello Peter, you can access visitor and other information for most
Victorian national parks from the following web site.

Parks Victoria (government agency) web site (for all Victorian National

and State Parks) -> http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/

The park you are referring to is called Croajingolong National Park and

yes, it is indeed a great place to visit for birds and native mammals
(especially bandicoots and possums).  The main camping area is at Cape

Conran and there are towns nearby that you could stay at as well.

The Eremaea web site may also have some bird lists for this area.
Check
the following ->
http://www.eremaea.com/BirdlineRecentSightings.aspx?Culture=en-AU&Birdline=1&Path=8

Be sure to pass on your sightings of all animals to the Atlas of
Victorian
Wildlife.  I am happy to assist in this if required.

cheers, Martin

Martin O'Brien
Wildlife Biologist - Threatened Species & Communities Section
Department of Sustainability and Environment
2/8 Nicholson St. (PO Box 500),
East Melbourne  3002
VICTORIA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear All ...

Greeting from the lovely summer Denmark.

I would kindly ask if some of you can supply me with
informations, incl. birdslist, for the national park near
Point Hicks. Been informed that the birds represent are
about half of Victoria's and a third of Australia's total
bird.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best wishes,

Peter
------------------

Peter H. Them,

DK - Denmark

Notice:
This email and any attachments may contain information that is
personal,
confidential, legally privileged and/or copyright.No part of it should
be reproduced,
adapted or communicated without the prior written consent of the
copyright owner.

It is the responsibility of the recipient to check for and remove
viruses.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by
return email, delete
it from your system and destroy any copies. You are not authorised to
use, communicate or rely on the information
contained in this email.