birding-aus

The role of birders in conservation policy review

To: Paul Burcher <>, Graham Turner <>, Baus <>
Subject: The role of birders in conservation policy review
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 05:46:17 +0930
I've heard that some farmers in Queensland sow Gamba grass then fire it to
get rid of native vegetation.  That way they're not actually breaking the
law.  Either such people need to be onside or a government courageous enough
to prosecute and heavily fine offenders is needed.

Denise Lawungkurr Goodfellow
1/7 Songlark Street
>>> BAKEWELL NT 0832
>>> Ph. 61 08 89 328306
> http://web.mac.com/goodfellowdl
> http://www.earthfoot.org
   http://www.ausbird.com

Entrant in Women Entrepreneurs:
18 Inspiring Stories of Small Business Success.
A publication by the Australian Government¹s Office
for Women and Small Business.