birding-aus

Major Mitchells in Sydney

To: <>
Subject: Major Mitchells in Sydney
From: " Chris Lloyd" <>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 16:56:15 +1200
WIRES takes quite a few MMC and most show some behavioural signs (e.g. reaction
to cage wire and even crop needles) that they are escapees. Often the bird
comes in emaciated or with an infection particularly during the more humid
months. The latter may reflect the individual birds failure to forage or the
species specific requirements of habitat or food sources at times of the year.
We are yet to come across one we were convinced was a wild bird. Ciao
Chris Lloyd
Training Officer
WIRES
PO Box 260