birding-aus

Black breasted buzzard, Karratha

To: "'Nathan Waugh'" <>, <>
Subject: Black breasted buzzard, Karratha
From: "Paul Dodd" <>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 18:04:05 +1000
Ha! I didn't realise this theory had a name - but it certainly happens all
the time to us. The bird that originally got us into birding (Blue-billed
Duck) eluded us for some two years before we saw our first non-captive bird,
now it almost seems that if we go out on a weekend and don't see one it's a
significant event! Same with the Musk Duck - for some reason it remained the
only Victorian duck we hadn't seen for a long time, now we see them
everywhere. I'm sure that if I checked our bird list I would find at least
half a dozen examples!

Paul