birding-aus

Blue-faced Parrot-finch and Masked Owl at Kingfisher Park

To: <>
Subject: Blue-faced Parrot-finch and Masked Owl at Kingfisher Park
From: "Carl Corden" <>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:03:33 +1000
Hi All,

Last week during a quick visit to Kingfisher Park at Julatten, we managed to
see Masked Owls leaving their roost tree shortly after dusk.  There were
several Masked Owls calling throughout the night, competing with the local Bush
Stone-curlews as "noisiest nocturnal birds" that night.

Also, the next day we managed to find numbers of Blue-faced Parrot-finch at a
site near Abattoir Swamp, much closer than the well-known Mt Lewis site.  The
location of both Masked Owls and Blue-faced Parrot-finches was provided by the
proprietors at Kingfisher Park.

Cheers,

Carl Corden
Sydney