birding-aus

Beach Stone-curlew at Harrington NSW

To: alan morris <>,
Subject: Beach Stone-curlew at Harrington NSW
From: Peter Kyne <>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 16:51:39 +1000
Hi Alan,

Did I read that right, there are only 8 pairs of Beach Stone-curlews in NSW?

I spend half my week on North Stradbroke Island (Southeast Queensland) where there is a pair resident around Dunwich, seen regularly on several beaches or on the mud/sand flats around the town. I have also observed a pair on one occasion only at Amity Point (but then I don't up there much). Amity is about 12km Northeastish of Dunwich as the Stone-curlew flys.

I wonder if this is the same pair. Does anyone know what sort of territory these birds have, or anything about the species on Straddie?

Cheers, Pete Kyne (Brisbane)