birding-aus

The Great Global Warming Swindle

Subject: The Great Global Warming Swindle
From: "Peter Ewin" <>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 17:22:15 +1000

My only objection was that the comments from the studio audience were curtailed and people trying to ask questions were cut short and told their responses were "comments"! Not sure why Jones did this - I can only guess he was under a time restriction - a pity, because it would have been beneficial for these questions to be addressed by the panel.

Not certain I agree with this. I thought the audience participation was the weakest part of the program. People seemed to have pre-conceived agendas, presenting their point of view (comment) rather than a question and I was quite surprised how non-sensical some of the comments were (I too was amazed that there are people who think the environmental movement supports eugenics, though I guess their point, which was also raised in the "film" is that environmentalists are considered non-humanists).

I actually thought some of the points about the media raised in the "film" were probably correct. It made me think that you can only base your knowledge on what you read (or what you are told) and so it is very easy for my opinion to biased by what is avialable. For example, I have not read the scientific literature on global warming and so am really basing my opinion on what is readily avilable (such as tv news and newspapers) and since many things I think I do know a bit about are obviously wrong in these media outlets, what should I believe?

The other interesting point raised was that the environmental movements are swaying important decisions, and as someone employed in environmental management I know this is not the case. Those who have the money win (and that is not the environmental movement).

Cheers,
Peter

Advertisement: New jobsjobsjobs.com.au. Find thousands of jobs online now! http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fad%2Eau%2Edoubleclick%2Enet%2Fclk%3B114014868%3B17770752%3Bi%3Fhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ejobsjobsjobs%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=762242361&_r=Hotmail_email_tagline_July07&_m=EXT