birding-aus

letter winged kite

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: letter winged kite
From: "gary wright" <>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 20:17:46 +0930
This is hearsay only, but I met some Birdo's recently who had been on the
Tanami rd, norther territory(road joining Alice springs and Broome)  between
the granites and rabbit flat and they saw 2 letter winged kites flush from
trees in the early morning.  They were adamant that they were letter wings,
reporting them as being much whiter looking than black shouldered and of course
with the complete black line under the wing.  I live in Alice but it is too far
for me to make a special trip, but if anyone is travelling that road, keep an
eye out.  Robert from Yuendumu, have you heard or seen anything?  This sighting
was approx 11 weeks ago.

I have seen ground cuckoo shrike a couple of times recently in the Warburton WA
area.
Gary