birding-aus

Capertee village over the weekend

To: Baus <>
Subject: Capertee village over the weekend
From: "Alistair McKeough" <>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:34:06 +1000
We spent the weekend on "Longridge", a property about 1km before the town of
Capertee, so not really in the valley proper.

Highlights were very good views of rockwarbler and a family of new-Holland
honeyeaters living around the house. Crimson rosella were also in very good
numbers, as were red-browed and double-barred finch, with a flock of 30
double-barred finch seeming to be resident on the property. Powerful owl
called briefly on Saturday night and we had excellent view of greater glider
two nights in a row, the second night with the glider peeking out of its
hollow.

Alistair