birding-aus

RE: Tips and Tricks for novice Twitchers! ...... and the RL Crake

Subject: RE: Tips and Tricks for novice Twitchers! ...... and the RL Crake
From: "Tony Crittenden" <>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:18:46 +0000

Steve, and all would be twitchers,

A great post Steve................

I am just back in Adelaide after twitching the RL Crake over the long weekend (so no holidays needed)

The bird behaved imaculately, showing itself for 2-3 hours. - photos will be posted on ABID in the next couple of days. - I left it in the company of the local constabulary, enjoying as shower under the sprinkler (the Crake that is...not the police....)

For the record, I researched for about week before deciding to go.

Airfare - $150 (frequent flyer points)
Car Hire - $120 (Avis with a 20% discount voucher) 2 days  + 400km
Hotel - $240 - cheapest I could find) 2 nights
Meals - $60 - you could do this cheaper, but I ate out both nights
Fuel - $45 ....... $1.54 per litre!!!!

All up around $600, to see a part of Aus I'd not been to before, see a brilliant bird, and collect about 8 other ticks at the same time

Go on....you know you want to........

Happy birding

regards
tony

Advertisement: Makeover Your Finances - WIN a $3000 Planning Package http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eletsshop%2Ecom%2FDefault%2Easpx%3Ftabid%3D948&_t=764144777&_r=letshop_emailtaglines_june07&_m=EXT