birding-aus

Red-legged Crake Twitch

To: "'Crispin Marsh'" <>, "'birding-aus'" <>
Subject: Red-legged Crake Twitch
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 14:20:08 +0930
Hi Peter, I had intended going today but the preposterous cost of
accommodation put me off. Absolute minimum is $150 per night IF you can
find a vacancy in either Pt Hedland or Karratha. Being mining ports the
price of everything there is sky high - even a little Getz car is $89
per day. Ridiculous.
 There's nothing in Whim Creek itself.
I thought it bad enough last week paying $80 per night in Geraldton (
Sunset Beach CP). The one on the foreshore starts at $120 pn.

Tony.