birding-aus

Powerful Owl road kill

To: "" <>
Subject: Powerful Owl road kill
From: Penny Brockman <>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 11:00:43 +1000
Dear all

My next door neighbour, who spends 3 days in Sydney each week, returned to Gloucester (bit inland from Mid-North Coast NSW) yesterday with a dead Powerful Owl, found Saturday 26 May on the Bobbin Head Road, North Turramurra, early morning, still warm, and nearby was a dead Ring-tailed Possum. It's an adult and possibly a female as I measured it to 50cm without dragging out the head. Now in my neighbour's freezer until my next trip to Sydney by car to hand over to Walter Boles at the Australian Museum.

What a shame, having just made a successful kill.