birding-aus

RFI - autumn winter daytrips from Melbourne

To: Cheryl Ridge <>
Subject: RFI - autumn winter daytrips from Melbourne
From: Paul Jacobson <>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 10:03:16 +1000
Hi Cheryl,

I've found that http://www.eremaea.com is particularly useful for checking on what types of birds can be expected at a particular time of year. If you register as a user you can generate site lists with results limited to a range of months and years, so for example you can find what has been seen at site X in April and May over the past 10 years. Of course this is limited to the surveys contributed by members.

Another good site is http://www.birdata.com.au which gives online access to the Birds Australia "New Atlas of Australian Birds". For full access you need to be a BA member but even without full access you can, for example, search for a species and then limit sightings to a particular month which will give you a good idea of movements. By using the map tool set to zoom in and drawing a box around the area of interest you can get a quite usable overview.

hope this helps

cheers
Paul