birding-aus

Keeping Lists.. Ringtail calls

To: "Evan Beaver" <>, "Greg" <>
Subject: Keeping Lists.. Ringtail calls
From: "Peter Shute" <>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 16:46:21 +1000
If I had to spell the sound, it would be something like
tzicka-tzicka-tzick.  If your car made this kind of noise you'd assume
something needed oiling.  I did find a recording on the net somewhere
once, but it didn't sound anything like what I've heard. Perhaps there
are regional variations, or perhaps it was just a recording of a
different kind of call, e.g warning call vs. contact call.

Peter Shute

 wrote on Wednesday, 4 April 2007 4:29
PM: