birding-aus

Three month trip in Eastern Australia Sept - Dec 2006

To: "'BIRDING-AUS'" <>
Subject: Three month trip in Eastern Australia Sept - Dec 2006
From: "Rosemary Royle" <>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:51:56 -0000
Hi Birding Aus'ers,

Our trip report is now on line at
http://www.birdtours.co.uk:80/tripreports/australia/e-australia-07/eastern-aus-2006.htm

We used a lot of information gleaned from Birding Aus and from an RFI which we
posted when planning the trip - many thanks to all of you. Special thanks also
to Carol Probets and David Geering.

In retrospect we would have changed very little in the itinerary. It would have
been nice to change the weather though - Queensland was relentlessly cold, wet
and windy while we were there and our trip with Phil Maher took place in 40
degrees and sandstorms!!

We had a wonderful time and we will be back - we are planning something like
Darwin - Alice Springs - Adelaide - Melbourne - Tasmania for possibly 2008.

Peter and Rosemary Royle

PS It is snowing in West Wales as I write this!