birding-aus

World Bird Database?

To: Peter Woodall <>
Subject: World Bird Database?
From: Trevor Hampel <>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 10:51:32 +1030

Peter Woodall wrote:
Hi
I've used Birdinfo for many years now. It's an Australian product,
written by Simon Bennett.
It has a world list of birds, but you can also select an Australian
Master List and lists for various other countries and regions.  It also
has lists of Aus mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fresh-water fish and
butterflies. I find this useful as I record all these beasties in the
bush.

I've used Birdinfo for about 8 years and I will not change to anything else. It is easy to use and very quick at retrieving data. It covers most countries of the world and this is improving with each new edition or up grade. It certainly gave my birding a great boost when I first bought it. Entering the data for over 20 years of birding was time consuming but now it's easy to keep up to date.

This product is regularly advertised in 'Wingspan' magazine.
--
Trevor Hampel
Murray Bridge

Check out my BLOGS (web logs):