birding-aus

Dollarbird in Tasmania

To: John Tongue <>
Subject: Dollarbird in Tasmania
From: Ian May <>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 09:17:17 +1100
g'Day John

Thanks for your reply. It appears this Dollarbird is a first record for Tasmania and it will probably stay in the area for a while judged by the approachable, relatively calm behaviour. Let me know if anyone wants to come and have a look as i can show them the spot.

Regards

Ian May

St Helens, Tasmania

0428337956
(03) 63761966

John Tongue wrote:

Hi Ian,
We have only been in Tassie four years, but have certainly never seen a Dollarbird, nor heard of their existence in that time. We'd be interested to know what others think on the subject.

John & Shirley Tongue
Hobart