birding-aus

Phone towers & bird calls

To: "Terry Bishop" <>
Subject: Phone towers & bird calls
From: "Dave Torr" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:37:30 +1100
Whilst the figure for cell phone tower deaths of 4-50 million (a huge
range!) in the US is alarming, it needs to be placed in perspective.
http://www.fws.gov/birds/mortality-fact-sheet.pdf is a good source of data -
anything from 97M to 976M die in building collisions, 60M from cars, 72M
from poisoning, 39M in Wisconsin alone from cats......