birding-aus

Goings on in Yungaburra, north Qld

To: <>
Subject: Goings on in Yungaburra, north Qld
From: "Alan Gillanders" <>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 08:39:36 +1000
Greetings,
Corrupted by the list keepers on this list I've started a home list for 2007.
Only 56 birds so far and at least 6 species seen just outside the boundary.

There are some young Sarus Cranes still around on the Tablelands. It will be
interesting to know if they hang around all wet.

A cassowary which wandered through a fair bit of open country and took up
residence in a friend's yard was to be moved yesterday. Hope it was taken into
custody without violence to any concerned.

I've uploaded my latest newsletter to my website at
http://www.alanswildlifetours.com.au/eNewsletter.html
It includes  Weather,
Reptiles:-   Parthenogenesis in Komodo Dragons? & On the Local Scene
Plants:-  The Stinging Tree Strikes Twice & Flowers and Fruit in the Forest.
Birds :-   Breeding Biology of the Eastern Whipbird, Christmas Dinner, Comings
& Goings and Breeding
 Mammals:-  Around the Village and the Tablelands & On Nocturnals

Regards,
Alan Gillanders

Alan's Wildlife Tours
2 Mather Road