birding-aus

Help identify this Melithreptus honeyeater please

Subject: Help identify this Melithreptus honeyeater please
From: "Bill Jolly" <>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 07:42:32 +1000
Hi Martin

White-throated Honeyeater. An absolute favourite bird of mine, that comes
down to plunge into water here every day, while other birds bathe in more
genteel fashion.

Pale to white crescent over the eye.

Note the black from the cap reaches the beak at the gape only and does not
extend to the lower mandible or below.

All the best

Bill Jolly
"Abberton",