birding-aus

Birds in the heat

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Birds in the heat
From: Trevor Hampel <>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 08:49:45 +1030
Hi there birders,

Here in Murray Bridge South Australia we have experienced several days of intense heat. Friday 45C Saturday 45C Sunday 40C and today the forecast is for 22C - not sure how we will cope with the cold snap!

During the heat I was able to watch a procession of birds coming to our bird baths. These are situated about five metres from our sun room where I could sit in air conditioned comfort and watch the passing parade. I was interested to see that both Striated and Spotted Pardalotes were the most frequent visitors during the last few days.

For more comments and photos, go to my blog here

http://www.trevorsbirding.com/birds-in-the-heat/

Happy birding - and keep cool.

--
Trevor Hampel