birding-aus

RFI Mason Park, Sydney

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: RFI Mason Park, Sydney
From: Tun Pin Ong <>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 23:23:56 -0800 (PST)
Hi Steve,

I last saw it on 11th and 12th November in the late
morning. It was feeding on the soft mud (covered with
algae) in the west end of the pond (close the football
field). I am not sure if it ever dispersed during low
tide but I only went there during high/medium tide.

Not easy to observe as it was meandering through the
mangrove roots - May disappear for 10 minutes and
reappeared on other end of the mangrove clump.

Scan for a reddish sandpiper with slightly longer
bill. A scope is essential to examine its breast
marking. I have been advised that this is a young
male.

There were also 40+ Sharpie and ~10 Curlew Sandpiper
around the pond.

Otherwise, a female is also reported in Pitt Town
Lagoon but I have not seen it myself.

Good Luck.

Regards,
Tun Pin ONG
St Leonards(3km north of Harbour Bridge)

--- Steve & Tamara Gross <>
wrote:

> Has the reported Pectoral Sandpiper been seen
> recently at Mason Park or has
> it gone?
>

> Steve Gross
>
> Orange NSW

Sponsored Link

Rates near 39yr lows. $510,000 Loan for $1698/mo.
Calcuate new payment. www.LowerMyBills.com/lre