birding-aus

Pitt Town Lagoon update

To: "birdingaus" <>
Subject: Pitt Town Lagoon update
From: "kbrandwood" <>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 14:35:05 +1100
Hi All, the drought conditions continue to influence the birds in the
Hawkesbury. The nine Bar-tailed Godwits at Mc Graths Hill reported by Tom
Wilson is most unusual, and this morning it was quiet a shock to see 11
Australian Shelduck fly in. The calling Peaceful Dove is a new bird for Pitt
Town, and I recorded a female Rufous Whistler another new species for this
site.There are also 42 Glossy Ibis the normal count is 2or3.
The three crakes were all giving excellent views, but I could not find the Ruff.
The section of McGraths Hill open for birdwatchers is now completed , it is the
fenced off section along the Windsor Rd. It gives one views over the entire
site but a telescope would be required for the far ponds. Its not ideal but its
all we are going to get, so I hope we use it.

keith b the beautiful Hawkesbury 60km N/W of Sydney