birding-aus

Mutton Birds

To: "" <>
Subject: Mutton Birds
From: "Dave Torr" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 13:07:28 +1000
Not a joke - see http://www.abc.net.au/rural/tas/content/2006/s1551069.htm.

They are "harvested" annually in Tasmania - and are genuine Shearwaters as
far as I know

On 16/10/06,  <> wrote:

Can't comment on this, but recently in a Narrogin butcher I saw
"muttonbird"
for sale in the freezer section.

I doubt it's genuine shearwater, but it's left me curious as to what it
actually is.

Belinda
Narrogin, W.A.