birding-aus

Eungella Honeyeater Map

To: Birding-aus <>, "Bob Cook" <>
Subject: Eungella Honeyeater Map
From: "Chris Sanderson" <>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 20:28:24 +1000
Hi all,

Earlier in the year I was fortunate to get to Mackay and see the Eungella
Honeyeater.  This was solely due to the generosity of one of the locals, who
also passed a map onto me, for the purpose of distributing to keen
birdwatchers.  I've been a bit slack, but I've finally digitised the map and
uploaded it.  I've chosen to put it on the Birds Queensland forum (look in
the file section).  You will have to sign up for the forum to access the
file I believe, but this is probably for the best as the map is fairly
specific on locations to find these birds.  The address of the forum is:

For the record, the site near the end of Dalrymple Rd was told to me as the
most reliable site, and was indeed the first place I saw the birds.  I also
heard them at Diggings Rd, and at the end of Chelmans Rd, and saw them on
Dalrymple Rd just before Snake Rd, in a rainforest patch.  I found prior
knowledge of the call essential to finding these birds.

Regards,
Chris