birding-aus

RFI- camera gift

To: <>, "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: RFI- camera gift
From: "Elizabeth Shaw" <>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 20:19:01 +1000
Dear Judith,
In April I bought myself a Panasonic DMC FZ7, after a search of various websites which compared camera with camera with similar criteria to you. It has 12X optical zoom and 4X digital zoom, pic storage depends on the size of the recording card you buy for it (I got 1G, which stores approx 450 photos at maximum resolution), the battery lasts several days of average use before needing to be charged, and it has two levels of 'anti shake'. I presume it is Mac compatible. After enlisting the help of a good bargain hunter we played off two major stores to bring the price of the camera down to $500, the 1G storage chip to $100 and the camera case thrown in for free. You can probably get a better deal for the storage card now, and maybe the camera. I still haven't quite worked out all you can do with it - probably need to do a course to help me on this, but I am very pleased with some of my bird picture in particular, as I can stand quite a way from them, not disturb the birds, but get something which, when zoomed in on with one of the printing machines in a shop, and cropped appropriately, turns little spots into great close up photos. I hope to learn how to do this on my computer one day. I wish I could remember the web sites I looked up to research the camera. The Choice (ACA) site was one. Try Google or other search engines. Best of luck
Elizabeth Shaw
Phillip Island
Victoria