birding-aus

Milk thieves

To: brian fleming <>
Subject: Milk thieves
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:23:57 +1000
The only milk thief I have come across was the milko my parents had in Lakemba, Sydney in the late '40s, who used to top-up the milk billy with water on the way to the front doorstep. Well he used to until my father caught him at it and chased him down the street with his souvenired Army .455 Webly pistol. I suppose you couldn't do that any more.

Cheers,
Carl Clifford