birding-aus

Gerygone Bi-Centennial Park

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: Gerygone Bi-Centennial Park
From: "crompton" <>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 19:24:51 +1000
Hi all, Was in Bi-Centennial Park today and saw What i thought was  a fairly
large group of Brown Gerygone. As far as i know one way Brown Gerygone can be
distinguished from Mangrove Gerygone by the fact the brown's underparts go from
 white to buff  at the rear,while Mangrove has totally white underparts. One of
the things bothering me about brown gerygone is the habitat i found it in,right
next to the mangroves( less than 10m away) in some casuria.I only expected to
see Brown Gerygone in forest or thick bush gullies, both of which were absent
and not it would seem anywhere nearby.I would welcome anybody with local
knowledge. Thanks in advance and am looking forward to all your thoughts.
regards G.Crompton