birding-aus

GHL thanks

Subject: GHL thanks
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 05:50:31 EDT
hi all
my wife, daughter and I are back after a few days in burren junction shooting
a documentary on the lapwing twitch.
many thanks to all those birders who subjected themselves for interviews and
spoke so candidly and eloquently of their love of birds and the thrill of the
twitch.
an aside: one local - the lapwing's neighbour and protector - backs up brian
everingham's theory that the bird could have been there since late last year.
he says it's been hanging around for 9 months!
we saw the bird within 20mins of arriving about 15m from the road on the silo
side by some water in a ditch. it seemed to be its favourite spot on dusk.
thanks to rob gibbons who spotted it for us. we were glad to be able to pass
on the favour a couple of times to those who arrived after us. a steady
trickle of 1-3 carloads were still arriving each day.
the lapwing was last seen by us on the other side of the road about noon on
sat 29.7 before the looong drive back to brisbane.
it was a great experience as a few hundred of you already know.
regards
shane brady
ascot q

Shane Brady