birding-aus

Glossies... success!

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Glossies... success!
From: "Evan Beaver" <>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 19:46:59 +1000
Birders, I'm a happy birder today. Picked up a bird I've been working on for
a while, the enigmatic Glossy Black Cockatoo, and in the Blue Mountains,
which I'm also happy about. I'd never realised birding was so easy; all
that's required is patience, an e-mail from Neil Kirby, and a short train
trip, then, there's your bird. I spent about 3 hours watching a pair today
feeding on and off in a large old Casuarina. Good news, and a great way to
pick up what has been a bit of a bogey bird.

Now that that's out of the way, I'll move onto something difficult.  Maybe
the Owlet Nightjar, or the Grey Falcon?

--
Evan Beaver
Lapstone, Blue Mountains, NSW