birding-aus

Sydney area Twitchathon?

To: Shirley Cook <>, Evan Beaver <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: Sydney area Twitchathon?
From: Mick Roderick <>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:41:02 +1000 (EST)
Shirley,

  I don't think what Evan is talking about has any chance of reducing
participation in the Main Event in October...if anything it would potentially
generate more interest.

  Evan, I'm not sure what you have in mind for time limits etc, but you may be
interested in an event that I organise a couple of times a year called a
"Minitwitch" (they have been happening for about 4 years now, based in
Newcastle). Rather than the full 24 hour race, it is only 5 hours long and is
designed for a single morning's twitching on a given Sunday. I am organising
one soon and will be posting details in the next few days. It is a
purely-for-fun thing that keeps us Twitchathon addicts at bay during the year!

  I hope too, that it may spur on more interest for the fundraising event in
October.

  Mick

Shirley Cook <> wrote:
  Dear all,

It would be a great pity if there was a second Twitchathon that may possibly
reduce participation in the Twitchathon that Frances Czwalinna organises
every year that raises funds for bird conservation.
Just a thought...
Regards

Shirley Cook
Secretary/Treasurer